Ashwagandha panchang Extract And Ashwagandha Roots Extract
Scientific name of it is Withania Somnifera.
Ashwagandha is a plant genus Withania and of Solanaceae family.
Ashwagandha is commonly known as ashwagandha, Indian ginseng, poison gooseberry or winter cherry
- It is a short shrub that grows naturally all around the Indian subcontinent
- But is also native to the Middle East and North Africa.
- Ashwagandha is now also grown in North America and other temperate climates as its popularity increases.
- In western countries, Ashwagandha is also referred to as Winter Cherry.
- The Ashwagandha plant itself is a hardy small woody shrub with small flowers and distinctive red seeds.
- The plant displays small flowers and small berry like fruit.
- A cluster of stalked pale purple or blue flowers branches off a single stem.
- The flowers have a central yellow section and light green petals that look like mini leaves.
- The Ashwagandha shrub has a dominant central stem supporting radially extending branches.
- The central stem and branches are covered with small wool like hairs.
- Ashwagandha powder extract is light brownish yellow in color, has characteristic odor & bitter taste
Ashwagandha Panchang are used for extract manufacturing.
- It is soluble in alcohol and water.
- It is stable at room temperature in closed container.
- It is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and acids
- When heated to decomposition, material emits toxic fumes. Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
- Ashwagandha powder extract is brown in color.
- It contains 2.5% Withanolides
- It is available in Extract ratio 5:1,6:1,8:1 and 10:1
- It has maximum Ash content 6.62% and PH value 5.1
- Controls Cholesterol Levels : It possesses hypolipidemic properties that help in bringing down blood cholesterol levels.
- Treats Erectile Dysfunction : This herb is good for enhancing the libido in men and is also recommended as a medicine for erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Increases Fertility in Men : A recent scientific study indicated that Ashwagandha plays an important role as an aphrodisiac as well as a way to improve semen quality by increasing the sperm count and sperm mobility.
- Reduces Anxiety : The study supported the benefits of Ashwagandha in relation to anxiety and depression.
- Relieves Stress : Ashwagandha is believed to possess anti-stress properties.
- Fights Diabetes : Experiments showed that blood sugar levels during fasting and post-lunch period decreased significantly when Ashwagandha was consumed for a period of four weeks.
- Treats Cancer : A research study has termed ashwagandha an emerging and novel alternative in the field of oncology, in association with radiation therapy and chemotherapy, because of its cancer-killing properties.
- Stimulates the Thyroid Gland : In cases of hypothyroidism, Ashwagandha can be used to stimulate the thyroid gland.
- Boosts Immunity : It was also observed that Ashwagandha increased the red blood cell, white blood cell, and platelets count.
- Increases Blood Production : The study showed that red blood cell and white blood cell counts increased significantly by using Ashwagandha.
- Prevents Seizures : Ashwagandha has been a widely used remedy for seizures and convulsions in Ayurvedic medicine
- Aids in Muscle Growth : Ashwagandha has been found to be useful in improving the muscular strength of the lower limbs and helping recover weakness.
- Reduces Ocular Diseases
- Anti-inflammatory Properties : The herb is known to act as a cyclooxygenase inhibitor that decreases inflammation and pain.
- Antibacterial Properties : It also concluded that Ashwagandha was effective in urinogenital, gastrointestinal, and respiratory tract infections when consumed orally.
- It is used as a sedative for the treatment of insanity and drugs prepared from it can be used for the nervous disorder.
- People suffering from joint pain and paralysis can use the drug prepared from Ashwagandha.
- It can be used for the treatment of high blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Ashwagandha also can be used for increase of hemoglobin. It also reduces chronic stress and causes relaxation.
- It has been used as antioxidant, and it slows down the growth of lungs, breasts, and colon cancer cells.
It also has an anti-anxiety effect.
- Ashwagandha capsules can also be used to recover memory losses.
- As a tonic, it increases sexual potential.
- It also thickens and increases the nutritive value of milk in nursing mothers.
- The powder mixed with oil reduces and cures skin infection.
- It protects the liver and reduces constipation and cures hypothyroidism.
- The seeds and fruits are diuretic in nature and promote passing of urine. The seeds are also used as rennet in cheese making.