Scientific name of it is Bacopa Monnieri.
Bacopa Monnieri is a plant genus Bacopa of Plantaginaceae family.
Bacopa Monnieri is also named as waterhyssop, brahmi, thyme-leafed gratiola, water hyssop, herb of grace, Indian pennywort, Safed Kammi, Jal-Nim & Brami.
- It grows exceptionally well in poorly drained soils and waterlogged areas under sub-tropical
- North and South America, Europe, Australia, southern India, Asia and Africa are major countries growing Bacopa Monnieri.
- It is a non-aromatic herb. The leaves of this plant are succulent, oblong and 4–6 mm (0.16–0.24 in) thick.
- The flowers are small, actinomorphic and white, with four to five petals.
- Its ability to grow in water makes it a popular aquarium plant.
Whole plant is used to make extract.
- Soluble in organic solvents such as ethanol, chloroform, while insoluble in water.
- It is stable at room temperature in closed container.
- It is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- In combustion emits toxic fumes of carbon dioxide / carbon monoxide. Nitrogen oxides
- The main Active ingradients in Bacopa are Bacosides 15% – 50% Saponins 20.0% – 40%
- Herb to Extract ratio: 8:1
- Solvent ratio : 16x
- Alcohol Solubility : 82.1 %
- Bacopa is an Antioxidant
- Bacopa is an Anti-Inflammatory
- Bacopa Reduces Stress/Anxiety
- Bacopa Enhances Memory
- Bacopa May Prevent Heart Disease
- Bacopa Protects the Brain
- Bacopa May Help Neurodegenerative Conditions: Huntington’s, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Bacopa Improves ADHD and Dyslexia
- Bacopa May Help Cognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Bacopa For Bronchitis/Asthma
- Bacopa Balances The Immune System
- Bacopa is an Anti-Diabetic
- Bacopa is Antimicrobial
- Bacopa May Help Prevent Cancer
- Bacopa Promotes Longevity
- Bacopa Helps Protect the Gut
- Bacopa has an Antifatigue effect
- Bacopa is a Mild Sedative
- Bacopa Protects the Liver
- Bacopa May Help Muscles
- Bacopa Promotes Hair Growth
- Bacopa Relieves Pain and Fever
- Bacopa Helps With Histamine Intolerance, Respiratory Problems and Allergies
- Bacopa Protects Against Cigarette Smoke Damage
- Bacopa Protects the Kidney and is a Diuretic
- Bacopa is Good For Skin Health
- Bacopa may Reduce Morphine Dependence
- Bacopa Increases Thyroid Hormones
- Bacopa Reduces Age-related Problems in Women
- Bacopa is Effective for Snake Bite
- Bacopa Prevents Convulsions and Epilepsy
- With growing age brain degradation occurs & bacopa is best brain tonic.
- Bacopa extract is used in most of herbal formulations on lever health.
- Bacopa is mainly used to maintain normal blood pressure in body.
- The herb is antioxidant in nature & protects our body from damage by free radicals.
- It rejuvenates mind, enhances memory, improves concentration and quality of consciousness. It is also useful in anxiety and attention deficit hyperactive disorder.
- Bacopa oil and paste is applied externally for healthy skin, proper healing and for free movements of body joints
- It is also good for digestive system and to promote proper functioning of digestive system.
- Bacopa has broncho dilatory effects and it is also used to cure asthama.
- Bacopa is a neurological tonic.
- It is also used for voice hoarseness and backaches.