Gymnema Leaf Extract
Scientific name of it is Gymnema sylvestre.
Gymnema sylvestre is a plant genus of the family Apocynaceae and species G. sylvestre.
Gymnema sylvestre is also named as Gurmar, Meshashringi, Mesbasringi, Cowplant, Australian cowplant, periploca, Gurmarbooti, gurmari, gudma.
- Gymnema is widely found growing in the tropics of Africa, Asia, Malaysia and is very Common in Central and southern India, western Ghats(India), Australia, Sri Lanka, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia.
- In India this plant is found growing in abundance in the forests of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Bihar .
- Gurmar is a climbing plant, producing stems up to 3 metres long. The stems scramble over the ground, climbing into the surrounding vegetation.
- This woody climbing vine with ovate or elliptic leaves.
- The flowers are yellow in color and have a bell shape.
The roots and leaves of this plant are used for extraction purpose.
- Soluble in water.
- It is stable at room temperature in closed container.May be combustible at high temperature
- It is unstable in Excess heat and with incompatible materials.
- Possibly hazardous short term degradation products are not likely. However, long term degradation products may arise
Standardized for: 25% to 75% Gymnemic acid by Gravimetry
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Medicine: It contains anti-inflammatory properties, thus showing its protective effect in protecting body parts from free radicals.
- Lowers Elevated Blood Sugar Levels, Effective in diabetes: Gymnema Sylvestre Supplement has hypoglycemic action, which means that it helps lower elevated blood sugar levels.The leaves of Gymnema contains properties which help reduce sugar cravings and is found effective in controlling hyperglycemia in Type 2 diabetics patients.
- Controls and cures thyroid malfunctioning : Forskolin extract from the coleus is found to effectively control different enzymes and hormones in our body. Therefore, Forskolin might potentially control any thyroid malfunctioning.
- Gymnema Sylvestre For Treatment Of Type 1 Diabetes : Gymnema contains antioxidant properties that generally stimulates Islets of Langerhans – cells in pancreas which secretes insulin and hence finds use in treatment of type I diabetes or insulin dependent diabetes.
- Gymnema Helps Reduce Cholesterol : Generally Gymnema Sylvestre contains few antioxidant properties which avoids an absorption of harmful cholesterol and also triglycerides in intestine and thus results in excretion of cholesterol
- Helps Improve High Blood Pressure : Gymnemic acids in Gymnema Sylvestre block the activities of angiotensin II (a protein that is responsible for enhancing blood pressure) and aid in reducing high blood pressure.
- Gymnema is effective in PCOD- Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome : Gymnema has anti oxidant properties that are helpful in reducing carbohydrate and sugar cravings that help in fighting against it.
- Regularizes Bowel Movement : Gymnemic acid compound of Gymnema Sylvestre immensely helps regularizes bowel movement and prevent constipation and improper digestion.
- Protection For Liver : Gymnema Sylvestre Supplement possesses hepatoprotective properties and helpful as tonic for protection of your liver.
- Gymnema Is Used For Skin Diseases : The Gymnema Sylvestre capsules contains few antibacterial properties that are used in treating skin disorders and infections, which are common in diabetes.
- Natural Food Against Obesity : Gymnemic acid in Gymnema sylvestre reduces absorption of glucose in blood. It reduces sugar craving which is common in obese people. It also acts in suppression of appetite.
- Antimicrobial Activity : Gymnema extract have antimicrobial activity and protects against various strains of bacteria.
- Anti Aging Effect : This extract also help protect the osmotic lens from damage. Gymnema sylvestre helps improve the effects of experimentally induced colitis, which may be caused to believe it can help decrease the issues associated with natural colitis in the aging adult community.
- May Help Reduce The Symptoms Of Arthritis And Gout : It has anti inflammatory properties that helps arthritis and gout.
- Preventive Role Against Hyperlipidaemia And Coronary Diseases : Gymnema sylvestris may, in particular, prevent excess lipids and cholesterol deposits in the coronary arteries
- For Pancreas : Gymnema Sylvestre is effective in diseases of the pancreas include pancreatic cancer, diabetes and pancreatitis.
- Used in herbal preparation to control diabetes.
- Used to form various weight loss supplements.
- Used to prepare herbal formulation to improve metabolic activities
- It Stimulates digestion.
- Effective on Cough
- Increasing urine excretion
- It is used in Softening the stool (laxative)