Moringa Leaf Extract
Scientific name of it is Moringa Oleifera.
Moringa oleifera is the most widely cultivated species of the genus Moringa, which is the only genus in the family Moringaceae.
Moringa Oleifera is also known as Horseradish tree, Radish tree, Drumstick tree, Sahijan, ben oil tree & benzoil tree.
- The Moringa plant is native to Northern India.
- The Moringa tree spread eastward from India to the lower parts of China, Southeast Asia and the Philippines.
- From India It also spread westward to Egypt, the Horn of Africa, around the Mediterranean, and finally to West Indies in America.
- The moringa tree is grown mainly in semiarid , tropical , and subtropical areas.
Moringa Leaf Extract is brown colored powder with characteristic odor and has peculiar taste.
Extract is formed by taking a pure, raw dry Moringa leaf powder, and tincturing it with a blend of alcohol and water.
- Moringa leaf extracts are minimum 70% soluble in water & 50% soluble in ethyl alcohol at any temperature.
- It is chemically stable non hazardous material.
- Carbon monoxide and unidentified organic compounds may be formed during combustion or decomposition.
- It is incompatible with strong acids, strong alkalis and oxidizing agents.
- Leaf extracts are also sold with a ratio on their label, usually indicating the proportion of herb to solvent during the process of extraction.
- Resultant Leaf powder extracts are available in 60 & 80 mesh particle size & in 4:1, 10:1 & 20:1 extraction ratios.
- Moringa leaf powder extract is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like protein,vitamin B6,vitamin C,iron,riboflavin,vitamin A,magnesium.
- It contains around 20 types of amino acids, 46 antioxidants & 36 anti-inflammatory compounds.
- It may protect against Arsenic Toxicity.
- It promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients.
- It promotes the Cell structure of the body.
- It lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on skin.
- It boosts the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
- It promotes proper digestion , increases energy level of body and also promotes healthy circulatory system.
- It boosts immune system of body.
- Moringa Leaf Extract is mainly used in manufacturing of dietary supplement.
- Moringa Leaf Extract is also used in manufacturing of various medicines.
- Various food additives are formed by using Moringa Leaf Extract.