|Product Name||Turmeric Fingers|
|Botanical Name||Scientific name of it is Curcuma Longa.|
|Plant Anatomy||Turmeric belongs to genus Curcuma & is a member of ginger family.|
|Synonyms And Trade Names||Turmeric is also known as Indian Saffron, Curcuma Longa, Curcuma Domestica. Haldi is a widely used trade name for turmeric.
|Native & Cultivation Region||
· It is native to Southeast Asia.
· Turmeric plants are widely grown in tropical areas of India. It is also grown in China and Indonesia.
· Turmeric needs specific temperature and growing conditions, so it is not cultivated in many countries.
· The color of turmeric finger can vary widely from deep yellow-orange to bright yellow. It is available in lemon yellow, greenish yellow, blackish yellow, orange yellow which is dependent upon curcumin percentage & other constituents in it.
· It has earthy aroma and a pungent, slightly bitter flavor.
|Part Used||Turmeric finger is produced from the root (Rhizomes) of Turmeric Plant.|
· Turmeric finger contains an essential oil max. 5%, this contains a variety of sesquiterpenes specific for the spices.
· In turmeric most important for the aroma are
§ Turmerone : Max. 30%
§ Ar-Turmerone: 25%
§ Zingiberene: 25%
· Conjugated Diarylheptanoids are responsible for the orange colour and probably for the spicy taste (3 – 4%).
· The active ingredient in Turmeric Finger is called as Curcumin.
· It is available in 2% to 5% curcumin content.
· It is available in half, single & double polished form.
· It has 10 to 12% Moisture.
· It is available in small, medium & large sizes.
· Various varieties of Indian turmeric fingers are offered by us like Salem turmeric finger, Nizam turmeric finger, Rajapuri kadapa (Madras) turmeric finger & Erode turmeric finger.
· Turmeric Finger contains Bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
· Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric finger, which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
· Curcumin boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
· Curcumin leads to various improvements that should lower your risk of heart disease.
· Turmeric Curcumin can help prevent (and perhaps even treat) Cancer.
· Turmeric can act as a painkiller. It said to provide effective relief from arthritis and other body pains.
· Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression.
· Curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases.
· The Turmeric Finger when grounded in to fine powder serves as key ingredients in most of the foods and provide it with flavor and color.
· Turmeric Powder formed from fingers is widely used as main ingredient in the spices.
· It is used to form various food additives.
· Turmeric powder is used in color industries , aroma industries, cosmetic industries as well as medicine industries.
· The turmeric finger is the purest form of turmeric and is used in medicines, food and dyeing processes.
· It is essential ingredients in various herbal preperations.