|Product Name||Turmeric Powder|
|Botanical Name||Scientific name of it is Curcuma Longa.|
|Plant Anatomy||Turmeric belongs to genus Curcuma & is a member of ginger family.|
|Synonyms And Trade Names||Turmeric is also known as Indian Saffron,Curcuma Longa,Curcuma domestica. Haldi is a widely used trade name for turmeric.
|Native & Cultivation Region||
· It is native to Southeast Asia.
· Turmeric plants are widely grown in tropical areas of India
· Turmeric needs specific temperature and growing conditions, so it is not cultivated in many countries.
· The color of turmeric powder can vary widely from deep yellow-orange to bright yellow which is dependent upon curcumin percentage in it.
· It has a bitter flavor and possesses a mildly warm pleasant aromatic scent.
|Part Used||Turmeric powder is produced from the root (Rhizomes) of Turmeric Plant.|
· It is slightly soluble in alcohol, soluble in acetone and in glacial acetic acid and insoluble in water.
· Turmeric Powder is stable in normal conditions.
· It is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
· Keep it away from hot works and sources of ignition.
· It produces hazardous products after decomposition.
· CO, CO2, smoke and unidentified organic compounds may be formed during combustion.
· The active ingredient in Turmeric Powder is called as Curcumin.
· Curcumin percentage in powder decides how much effective & valuable it is.
· It is available in 2% to 8% curcumin content.
· Turmeric contains Bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties.
· Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric,which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
· Curcumin boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases.
· Curcumin leads to various improvements that should lower your risk of heart disease.
· Turmeric Curcumin can help prevent (and perhaps even treat) Cancer.
· Turmeric can act as a painkiller. It said to provide effective relief from arthritis and other body pains.
· Studies show that curcumin has incredible benefits against depression.
· Curcumin may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases.
· It is widely used as main ingredient in the spices.
· It is used to form various food additives.
· Turmeric powder is used in color industries , aroma industries, cosmetic industries as well as medicine industries.
· It is essential ingredients in various herbal preperations.